ocba - [ocba] Fwd: UNC Health Care Farmers Market

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: UNC Health Care Farmers Market
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:39:37 -0400

If you have honey for sale this year, this might be a good market for you.  Application and guidelines are attached.

Lewis

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Churchill, Elizabeth" <EChurchi AT unch.unc.edu>
Date: May 26, 2009 4:12:15 PM EDT
Subject: UNC Health Care Farmers Market

Hello-

UNC HEALTH CARE’s Wellness Wednesday Farmer’s Market is searching for guest vendors for Wednesday throughout the summer!

The Wellness Wednesday Farmer’s Market at UNC HC is a collaborative effort between the Nutrition and Food Service Department at UNCHospitals and the Employee Wellness Committee. This will be our second summer in operation after a very successful first year. We do not have any permanent spots available, but we do have one “guest” vendor spot available each week throughout the summer. Vendors unload and park in our “Kiss and Go” lane in front of the hospital, so you must be willing to transport your wares into our Children’s Lobby location using our hand trucks. It is cool and air conditioned once inside! Our customers are a captive audience of our employees, visitors, and sometimes patients.

Our market runs Wednesdays from 11AM-2PM, and we will have the market from June 3rd- October 28th this year. If you are interested in attending one or more of these markets as a guest, please read through the market guidelines and fill out the attached market application. After applications are approved, we will fill slots on a first come, first served basis so please submit your application as soon as possible if you have a particular date in mind. We will take any vendor a maximum of once a month for the summer, as we want to promote variety with this guest vendor spot.

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone with a unique product or products who you think might like to sell at our market. If you have questions, please email me at echurchi AT unch.unc.edu. Because of infection control concerns, we cannot allow any selling of meat, dairy products, eggs, or live plants (cut flowers are ok).

Thanks!

Elizabeth Churchill
Ambulatory Care Administration
UNC HCS Wellness Committee Co-Chair
Mason Farm Road
Suite 2300, CB# 7700
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
(Ph) (919)843-7688
(fax) (919)966-7790

  • [ocba] Fwd: UNC Health Care Farmers Market, Lewis Cauble, 05/31/2009