ocba - Re: [ocba] Swarm Patrol

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Watson Bowes <wbowes AT gmail.com>
  • To: Lewis Cauble <Lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Swarm Patrol
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:50:48 -0500

 Lewis:

Is there any plan to discuss swarm management at the upcoming OCBA meeting next Thursday?

Thanks.

Watty Bowes

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Lewis Cauble <Lewis AT hivebody.com> wrote:
Hello Beekeepers,
OCBA has a new list serve dedicated to the swarm patrol.  If you are
interested in removing bees from structures or picking up a stray
swarm hanging in a tree, please take a moment to sign up.

As we receive reports of bees in structures or swarms hanging in trees
or whatnot, we will post the information on the list serve.

Removing bees is a great way to interact with and educate folks that
we might not meet otherwise.  I removed a colony in a house for a
fellow last March, and he is currently in bee school and preparing to
hive 2 colonies on his farm in April of this year.

We hope to do a field day/workshop in April with State Bee Inspector
Don Hopkins where we will remove a colony of bees from a house in
southern Caswell county.

If you have trouble signing up, please email me at lewis AT hivebody.com.

Thanks,

Lewis Cauble
North Carolina Beekeeping
http://www.theocba.org/

--
Watson A. Bowes Jr., M.D.
Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology

  • [ocba] Swarm Patrol, Lewis Cauble, 02/05/2009
    • Re: [ocba] Swarm Patrol, Watson Bowes, 02/05/2009