ocba - [ocba] Swarm Patrol

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <Lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Swarm Patrol
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:38:04 -0500

Hello Beekeepers,
OCBA has a new list serve dedicated to the swarm patrol. If you are interested in removing bees from structures or picking up a stray swarm hanging in a tree, please take a moment to sign up.

As we receive reports of bees in structures or swarms hanging in trees or whatnot, we will post the information on the list serve.

Removing bees is a great way to interact with and educate folks that we might not meet otherwise. I removed a colony in a house for a fellow last March, and he is currently in bee school and preparing to hive 2 colonies on his farm in April of this year.

We hope to do a field day/workshop in April with State Bee Inspector Don Hopkins where we will remove a colony of bees from a house in southern Caswell county.

You may sign up for the swarm patrol list serve here
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ocbasp

If you have trouble signing up, please email me at lewis AT hivebody.com.

Thanks,

Lewis Cauble
FTD.com
Shop now and save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/u4MuSdTxakZUOCx0BMRPPvR73iTCU6wC6JbYbj6kPqpi4UBAoRLgI/