ocba - [ocba] ELECTIONS

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] ELECTIONS
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 16:17:51 -0400

Hi Everyone,
Today I received an email from a member, who I will keep anonymous, that I would like to quote.

"Thanks Becky for trying, but at this time,you need to be firm and explain the club will therefore be disbanded and it is too bad since we have such a strong membership, following and at this particular time it is imperative that someone (s) stand up to keep the club going.

We need a pres., vice pres, and whoever to function as a club. This is not a time for people to look for 'others', someone needs to take on the responsibility as a leader, contact person, etc for the club. We cannot function with part time leaders or rotating. It is too risky for any group to run that way. Please state that we will not be a club, if no one steps up and takes on the role, it is a critical situation and you have asked, too nicely, I guess, but we are in the 11th hour and it is a must that we cannot leave on Thursday night without officers to fill the slots. I am very disappointed in the members of the club."

They make a good point, that if no one leads the club, there will be no club. So hopefully this will get someone motivated.

Thanks,
Becky

  • [ocba] ELECTIONS, Becky Bollinger, 10/07/2008