ocba - [ocba] Volunteer at the State Fair

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Volunteer at the State Fair
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:53:45 -0400

Hi Everyone,
Every year there is a honeybee exhibit at the state fair. Lots of fair goers come through with lots of questions. So every year we need volunteers to come out at spread the word about bees. This year we also need volunteers to help sell honey to raise money for honeybee research. The fair runs from Oct. 16th- Oct. 26th and the volunteer shifts are usually about 3 hours long. If you are interested call Don Hopkins at (919) 233-8214. He can let you know what times are available and sign you up. I have volunteered the last 3 years and it has been a great experience. Even if you are a beginner, you know a lot more about honeybees than the average person. Hope you can help out!
Thanks,
Becky

  • [ocba] Volunteer at the State Fair, Becky Bollinger, 10/02/2008