ocba - [ocba] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Calendar]]

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Calendar]]
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 17:26:10 -0400

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: john wallace <jwllace AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: RE: [ocba] [Fwd: Re: Calendar]
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:53:20 -0400
are we sure that these are honeybees? sounds like it might bee yellow jackets.

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:28:40 -0400
From: beckyalis AT gmail.com
To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [ocba] [Fwd: Re: Calendar]

Does anyone have any advice for Aggie?

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
From: DaCo3297 AT aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 14:21:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [ocba] Calendar
To: beckyalis AT gmail.com

Becky,

Is there anything that can be done to deter bees from a certain area--like
a children's playset?

My neighbor has young children and the bees seem to like to congregate at
their play area.

I had called the neighbor to tell her NOT TO WALK OUR TRAIL as the bees
have found a plant on it and unbeknownst to me (I didn't see or hear bees down
there) I walked right through it and obviously disturbed them--I got probably 20
stings and my friend another dozen or more. We are spraying with Benadryl and
taking Benadryl 3x a day for 3 days  per the pharmacist. I'm alerting
neighbors with children about the trail.

Later...

Aggie

Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. Share now!

--- End Message ---

  • [ocba] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: Calendar]], Becky Bollinger, 08/05/2008