ocba - [ocba] BEE REMOVAL

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] BEE REMOVAL
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:57:44 -0400

Jeff received the following email from a lady who needs some help extracting bees. Is anyone interested in helping out? It looks like it will take more than one person to do this. Contact me if you can help. She lives approx. 20 miles north of Durham.
Thanks,
Becky

Here is the info:

You can't see them. They are up in the boxed overhang under the vinyl
so you can't see the hive. In the summer months you can
see them buzzing around and when it's really hot they come out and cover
the side of the house up next to the roof. They look like a blanket that
covers a 2 to 3ft. area. I don't want to kill them and haven't been able
to find someone who could come get them out. I need to have them
removed before they ruin the house.

A friend of mine who has bees came and looked at them. He was going
to get an apple picker and an empty bee hive, remove the vinyl and
put the whole hive with Queen in the empty house, leave the hive on the
apple picker for a few days so the other flying around bees would go to it,
then take the hive. He's a contractor and got busy and didn't do it.
He already has 7 or 9 hives so he really didn't need them.

Then I'll have to get someone to clean out the overhang and fill it with
insulation and spray it with Bee-be-gone stuff so they don't come back.

Let me know if you or you can find someone interested in helping me.