ocba - [ocba] Purple honey?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Peter Smith" <psmith AT leaptec.com>
  • To: "'Orange County, NC Beekeepers'" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Purple honey?
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:35:07 -0400

I have just completed my second harvest this year and find myself with a batch of honey with an unusual lilac/purple hue to it. I can only guess that the bees have been gathering from some specific flower to make this … Any of you know what it might be?

I’m worried it could have something to do with the swimming pool incident – but it tastes so good!

Peter Smith