ocba - Re: [ocba] Wax Dipping Bee Equipment

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: jcaustin AT visionet.org
  • To: "Gerhard Faessler" <faessler AT imapmail.org>, "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Wax Dipping Bee Equipment
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:55:57 -0400 (EDT)

Gerhard,

I suspect that most people around here do what I do --- just use a
exterior-grade house paint. It works great, is easy to apply and is easy to
acquire, unlike many of the more interesting sealants such as paraffin or
creosote. From experience, I've learned to use a good quality paint that is
mildew resistant.

For just starting out, I recommend that people do things the tried-and-true
ways
first, then experiment. That way you'll have a baseline to know whether your
experiment was for the better or worse.

Have you been coming to the OCBA meetings? The next one is Thurs July 12.
Directions are on the web site (www.theocba.org).

Randall Austin