ocba - [ocba] FW: school presentation ?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "David Langham" <david_langham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] FW: school presentation ?
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:51:43 -0400

Is anyone available to do this?
Thanks,
David

From: "Gail Hughes" <ghughes AT co.orange.nc.us>
To: <david_langham AT hotmail.com>
Subject: school presentation ?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:27:51 -0400

Mr.. Langham
I am a soil conservationist and educational coordinator with the Orange
County Soil and Water Conservation District.
We are located in the Ag. and Planning building on Revere Rd.
Each year our office coordinates and sponsors an environmental field day
for the 7th graders in the Orange County schools, called Earth Walk.
Several years ago, some of the beekeepers participated in our program,
doing 30 minute presentations about the importance of bees in our
environment.
Due to schedule conflicts, the beekeepers have not been able to
participate for a couple of years. I have had several teachers
specifically request the beekeepers (and some bees, of course) because
it was always a favorite with the students.

I know this is late notice, but we are having a field day on Friday,
April 13 at Gravelly Hill Middle school, located in Efland.
Are there any members who may be able to help us with this event on the
13th. We usually start around 9 until 2:30.
I will provide lunch for the presenters also.

Please let me know if this is possible and I will be glad to provide
more details early next week.
Thank you so much for your consideration.

Gail Hughes
Orange Soil and Water Conservation
Hillsborough
919-245-2753