ocba - [ocba] Elections

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Eva Hoke <hoke0002 AT notes.duke.edu>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Elections
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:48:00 -0400

Would also like to encourage members to become active in the club as an officer. (Contact Becky by phone or email)
Past club officers are always happy to help and give advice. Time commitment is not that great, but the rewards are great. I've enjoyed being the president for the past two years. I would never have thought of running if another member had not suggested that I take the plunge. It's been a fun, interesting and productive two years as president. Thanks to all members for coming to meetings, helping out with refreshments, bringing out and taking down chairs, working on the calendars, etc. Our membership has grown tremendously over the last two years and we will continue to grow. Interest in beekeeping is on the rise thanks to many of our club members.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of us.

Happy Honey month.
--Don't forget to bring in a jar or two of honey for our sale to benefit the zoo project.
--Reminder: October is Black and Yellow month. We are starting a tradition of wearing our favorite colors to the October meeting. Does not have to have bees on it, but encouraged. A yellow shirt/black pants or any other combination is welcome. I'm sure people can be very creative.
--Elections will be held in October, and new term will start in January 2007.

Thanks, Eva