ocba - [ocba] How long does it take to cap honey?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Jeff Bollinger <jeff01 AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] How long does it take to cap honey?
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:50:56 -0400

Can anyone tell me approximately how long it takes for uncapped honey in
a super to become capped (I guess in reality, how long would it take one
fully uncapped frame to become capped)? I'm sure there are quite a few
factors that influence this, but if anyone has any rough estimates I
would like to know.

We have a bunch of uncapped honey that seems to be getting capped pretty
slowly (or perhaps we are just impatient!) and we were just looking for
some numbers.

Thanks!
Jeff