ncmia - Re: [NCMIA] Moving Image Collections in NC

ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: NC Moving Image Archivists

  • From: Kirston Johnson <kirston.johnson AT duke.edu>
  • To: NC Moving Image Archivists <ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NCMIA] Moving Image Collections in NC
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:14:48 -0500

Hi Lisa –

Thanks for sending these along!  Stephanie and I have recently discussed scheduling another meeting and I think Raleigh might be a good location.  Skip – are you up for hosting a tour?

We could also use the Delmas survey of A/V materials at State/UNC/Duke as a starting point for a larger state-wide survey.

~ Kirston

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
Kirston Johnson
Moving Image Archivist
Duke University
Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections
Box 90767
Smith Warehouse, Bay 10
114 South Buchanan Blvd.
Durham, NC  27701
T. 919-681-7963
F. 919-660-9009
kirston.johnson AT duke.edu
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Lisa Carter" <lisa_carter AT ncsu.edu>
Sent by: ncmia-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org

11/06/2009 04:48 PM

Please respond to
NC Moving Image Archivists <ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org>

<ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc
Subject
[NCMIA] Moving Image Collections in NC

All,

I thought I would forward some things in case you hadn't seen them.  And I was thinking that it might be time to schedule another meeting when everyone gets back and settled from AMIA.

Attached (if the listserv takes them) are:

Examples gathered by Megan McShea at the Archives of American Art of how various institutions have used EAD to describe audiovisual materials.

The TRLN Task Group on Southern Americana Final Report, which highlights film, television and radio as areas where collecting growth in NC could be better understood.  Discussion of the report suggested the idea of maybe doing a survey to determine where the av collections in NC are and what's covered and what are the gaps.  That sounds like a collaborative (maybe even grant) project to me.

Let me know if there's interest in meeting.  I can host in Raleigh or would be glad to travel.

Lisa

Lisa R. Carter
Head, Special Collections Research Center
NCSU Libraries
919-515-8119

lisa_carter AT ncsu.edu[attachment "McShea_EAD-AV.doc" deleted by Kirston Johnson/Libraries/Provost/Academic/Univ/Duke] [attachment "Southern Americana Collections.pdf" deleted by Kirston Johnson/Libraries/Provost/Academic/Univ/Duke] _______________________________________________
ncmia mailing list
ncmia AT lists.ibiblio.org
http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ncmia