nafex - Re: [nafex] This nafex list

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] This nafex list
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 07:28:23 -0500

I agree with Lawrence. I found that when NAFEX made the "decision" to go
in a "more modern way" it became less and less useful in general.

With the list it came to me once I was a member. I did not need to log into
another app, getoads of unrelated crap, I could easily see what was of
interest, what I could just skip over. Bells and whistles may be nice for
some things. But I found them distracting. As far as I could tell the move
to groups had a negative impact - less information, fewer people
participating, more junk and unrelated info.

There are some thing an old fashioned listserv does better than a new
format. This list is one. I find it interesting that so much traffic has
just evaporated. I think, at least in my case, NAFEX the organization
became less important as it became more difficult to use. Perhaps the 20
to 30 year olds might disagree, but I did not really see them
participating. So, I dropped my membership in NAFEX the organization,
continue to monitor this list and hope for a come back.

Stay well all.

>From My Samsung S20 5G
919.357.0863