nafex - Re: [nafex] "Indian peach" seeds

  • From: Henry <treehugger53ah@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] "Indian peach" seeds
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 18:27:55 +0000 (UTC)

Hank,

Where in Zone 4 are you?

--Henry Fieldseth
Minneapolis, Minnesota, zone 4

I have two Siberian peach
trees  that are white fleshed and late/Sept producing.
They have been hardy for some years in zone 4.

Hank Parker
Maple syrup makers never die,
They just evaporate!

<sam739is@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm
sure they cannot handle zone 4 cold.  Should do very well
in Zone 5, though.  At least one of our members has
redleaf-peaches. another seed-propagated landrace that is
also very tough and prolific.  When I was a kid growing up
in Kansas, I had two trees that were watered with runoff
from a chicken house.  Very small, flavorful, white-fleshed
peaches. Mom used to make jam from them. She also pickled
them to serve with holiday meals, particularly ham and
muscovy duck.  Delicious! -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, MN
(USDA Hardiness Zone 4b)

Northamerican Allied Fruit Experimenters
> Subject: Re: [nafex] "Indian
peach" seeds

Yea, these were also known as the Mission peach.  I'm
doubting they

at 4:43 PM, mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I wonder if they are hardy
to the upper midwest.

Mailing Lists<http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/nafex>
> lists.ibiblio.org

Welcome to the nafex mailing list at ibiblio! Northamerican
Allied Fruit Experimenters message archives: