nafex - Re: [nafex] Saving cherries from the birds

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Saving cherries from the birds
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 21:12:19 -0600

A METHOD THAT WORKS

My black raspberry patch used to be plagued by flocks of Robins and the dummy (black) fruit didn't work like the red decoys did so I bought a BB gun. The BB gun was the old fashioned, lever action type that doesn't make a dent in hard (Oak) wood. I didn't kill any Robins with it but sure made a pest of myself. I soon discovered that if I knocked one down, he'd take off like a bat out of hell and the whole flock followed. Of course, they returned in a week or so and this great white hunter went after them again, and again. Also, when they arrived during their Spring migration, I gave them no rest. I kept at them for several years and, now, they don't come back. No Robins. None. I think they took the hint but I still keep the BB gun handy, just in case.