nafex - Re: [nafex] NAFEX annual meeting 2015

  • From: Jerry Lehman <jwlehmantree@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] NAFEX annual meeting 2015
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 07:18:22 -0400

On 6/2/2015 11:56 AM, Lawrence London wrote:
Your own emails are in your Gmail 'Sent Mail' "folder".

Good Morning Lawrence,

I always received copies of my own messages through ibiblio when I had the AOL address. Doesn't make sense that I should not be receiving it through Gmail. I really believe the problem lies at ibiblio not Gmail. In the past more than once I've been blocked by ibiblio if I included a picture in a message or included attachments. So when I don't get a copy of my own message I can't but help wondering if I've done something wrong once again and ibiblio has blocked me once again. As I'm using Mozilla I signed on directly with Gmail to see if Gmail wasn't passing it on to Mozilla. Yes, I clicked on the view all messages at Gmail which would allow me to see anything their security blocked. My ibiblio messages aren't at Gmail either. What doesn't make sense to me is why isn't ibiblio passing my messages through to Gmail as it did when using AOL?

One reason I like to see my messages come back to me is too often a form such as the registration form gets re-margined and and so the printed copy isn't usable by the reader. And I don't like to attach a PDF due to past problems with ibiblio blocking attachments. I understand their security concerns and the reason for blocking attachments. But more than once in the past they have turned me off due to attachments and then you get me turned back on then they turned me back off again. I don't like to assume my messages are getting through. You know the old expression, assume "(_ass_ _u_ _me)_ makes an ass /of/ u /& /me."

Looks to me like there should be a way to have ibiblio pass my Gmail originated messages back to me just as it did with AOL.

Lawrence, I really appreciate all your help to me personally and what you do for NAFEX.

Jerry