nafex - Re: [nafex] fertilzing

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] fertilzing
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 21:33:29 -0400

On May 19, 2015, at 9:21 PM, Lawrence London wrote:

> They quarry rock for use in roads, blacktop, concrete and riprap. Silt is a
> byproduct washed into ponds later removed to add to giant berms or give
> away or in some cases, sell.
> No quarries, no construction.

That may be true as long as not many people are using it. If lots of farms
start using it, I expect they'll start digging specifically for that purpose.

None of the sales materials I've seen said "test your soil first and check
whether our quarry is a good fit." I'm relieved to hear that at least some of
the proponents are doing it that way.