nafex - Re: [nafex] nanking polliation (poor)

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] nanking polliation (poor)
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 18:15:39 -0500

Lee, I don't understand the logic. If I have a planting that is
almost 20 years old, & every year without fail they are loaded with
fruit EXCEPT for this year, why would the lack of genetic variation
come into play? Also my commercial planting is over 200 plants from
about 4 or 5 different nurseries mixed with Bali cherries. It would be
hard for me to believe that Schumachers, Lawyers, Mussey and other
nurseries wouldn't represent the breadth of the nanking cherry
germplasm. These plants are all grown out from seed, not tissue
culture.

And we didn't have any issue this spring with late frosts, our issue
was the coldest winter in recorded history, 50+ days below zero. No
bee life to speak of still around these parts...

~mIEKAL