nafex - Re: [nafex] OT a bit- Saving hybrid seed (corn)

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] OT a bit- Saving hybrid seed (corn)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 06:22:16 -0600

I am willing to be instructed. I think yellow corn has more flavor. White
corn is just sweet. That said it has been years since I ate white corn. I
do like bicolor. But there are not that many smut resistant whites either.
Argent is supposed to be smut resistant. Or maybe not
http://eatmoretoadstools.com/wordpress/tag/corn-smut/

Not a big fan of corn chips generally. I like a fairly coarse yellow meal
when I make polenta. But fresh sweet corn is a different thing from dry and
ground corn. I have been known to use blue corn meal.
Naomi