nafex - Re: [nafex] Spring Damage worse than Winter Damage here

  • From: Lee Reich <leeareich@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Spring Damage worse than Winter Damage here
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:21:56 -0400

Hi Richard,

I've always bemoaned how poor a site I have for fruit growing: a frost pocket
with colder, danker air. After reading of your weather, I'm thinking myself
lucky. Still, apples do very poorly here, mostly because of pests (6000 acres
of woods nearby), especially, most recently, summer diseases. Blueberries
never fail me. Juneberries always have.

Lee
Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at http://leereich.blogspot.com/