nafex - [nafex] peach tree

  • From: Toni Pralle <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] peach tree
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 08:35:19 -0500

Last summer the wind took out a major branch of my peach tree. This year I
didn't think it had made it but there are a few tiny leaves on some of the
branches. It's about 5 years old so I presume its days are numbered anyway.
I think it might have been a tree that grew from a pit from Colorado
peaches.
Should I 1) trim the branches back 1/3
2) trim the whole tree back to a few inches from the trunk
3) give it up and cut it down

Every peach tree that I've ever had produce peaches dies the next year or
for sure the year after that.

--
Toni in Iowa USA
When you remember your local food bank, please donate pet food.

  • [nafex] peach tree, Toni Pralle, 05/26/2014