nafex - Re: [nafex] Apios

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apios
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 17:52:23 -0500

After 20 years my planting has spread maybe 50 feet from the origin.
It's great as an understory in mature nuts but you need to be able to
dig them up. They've gotten into my vineyard and I have prune the
vines out 2-3 times a summer because believe it or not, the vines grow
faster than the grapes. Of course if you set up your planting design
so you were always harvesting the outside perimeter, one could control
spreading that way. Mine saw -28F so they are indeed hardy.

~mIEKAL