nafex - Re: [nafex] apple rootstocks

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] apple rootstocks
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 03:19:55 +0000

Unless you have really little (low vigor) varieties on those roots (Court
Pendu Plat, D'Arcy Spice and Honeycrisp come to mind first), that does not
sound like MM111, which is not noted for suckering. M7 is notorious for
suckering, and doesn't do well in drought conditions. Makes one wonder.

Dave Liezen, E. WA, where Bud 9, Bud 118, Geneva30 and M26 have done well,
and M7 suckered big time.