nafex - Re: [nafex] apple rootstocks

  • From: tanis <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] apple rootstocks
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 13:48:08 +0000

Thanks, all, for the advice & ideas. My MM111s are sturdy & drought
tolerant, but I have 10 year old grafts which I can touch the tops of. I'm
5'3". Most exasperating is that they want to grow vigorously from below the
graft, no matter the topwork variety. Also, the topwork often grows at an
angle. I would like to blame this on graft method but no other rootstock
does this for me.

If this sounds like another rootstock mis-labelled as 111, do let me know.