nafex - Re: [nafex] Fruth's pear question

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Fruth's pear question
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 07:28:40 -0400

I've found several pears this year, both from my parent's house and mine
which were completely seedless. I've got two older Bartlett trees, and the
only other pear that bloomed this spring in my orchard was a Seckel. Oddly
enough, my parents have Bosc and Luscious right next to each other, and
I've found several seedless Luscious so far.

Weather was apparently superb for apple and pear pollination around here,
because everyone has enormous crops of both.

-matt
z5 se MI