nafex - [nafex] Fruth's pear question

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Fruth's pear question
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:29:01 -0400

When I mentioned the ability of pears to produce fruit parthenocarpically I
was speaking from literature on the subject. As far as pears producing
seeds by themselves I can't say because the years ago I saw pears bearing
fruit with no help I didn't check for seeds. Maybe someone can check their
self fertile pear now because I wouldn't be surprised if this happens as a
regular occurrence now that I've seen paw paws and native persimmons do it-
that is produce seeded fruit alone.