nafex - Re: [nafex] Beach Plums

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Beach Plums
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:58:03 -0500

Last year I collected enough fruit at the beach in DE to make several jars
of delicious jam.

Two weeks ago I discovered some seeds statifying in my fridge and planted
them in a pot on my patio (under hardware cloth thanks to a squirrel and a
lesson learned with persimmon seed). I hope to find some sprouting when I
get home later this week.

Even if I don't take another beach vacation this year, I plan to drive down
for a day trip in early-mid August to collect fruit for another batch of
jam.

Pete Chrisbacher
Kennett Square PA (right near West Chester!)