nafex - Re: [nafex] Red fleshed cooking pear

  • From: "Bob Hartman" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Red fleshed cooking pear
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 17:03:47 -0700

I had one called Summer Blood Birne. I never was able to get it to fruit for me and gave up on it. The person I had received the wood from said it wasn't all that great anyway. It is listed in the source book as "Good for fresh eating and drying." Named 300 years ago for its red flesh and juice.

Bob
Western Washington

-----Original Message----- From: Naomi Counides