nafex - Re: [nafex] Hawthorns - best varieties

  • From: Jeffrey Boulier <boulierinasia@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Hawthorns - best varieties
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:33:48 -0700 (PDT)

So, I looked at Hidden Springs Nursery's website. They list Azarole (S)
(Crataegus x Lavallei.)

The problem is that Azarole should be Crataegus azarolus. Crataegus x
Lavallei is something else (a hybrid of C. mexicana with probably C.
crus-galli). Did you buy from them, and if so, are you sure what you have is
an azarole and not  Lavallée's hawthorn?