nafex - Re: [nafex] website devoted to durian, "King of the fruits"

  • From: Victor Johanson <hortfanatic@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] website devoted to durian, "King of the fruits"
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:24:13 -0800

I tried a durian in Beijing. I saw it at a fruit stand on the way to a kung
fu show. I bought the thing and wrapped it up tight, hoping it wouldn't
fumigate the theater. No problems. Brought it to the hotel and decided to
eat it outside at night. I got it pried open, but it was dark and windy and
not very practical, so I just took it in the bathroom and ate it. It
was...interesting. I heard they're a love it or hate it proposition, but
for me it was take it or leave it. Not bad, but not to die for either. I
just got to try a ripe cherimoya last month, and I'll take that instead.

Vic Johanson
Fairbanks, AK