nafex - [nafex] Available: A wide selection of fruit and nut trees from a tiny nursery in central NJ

  • From: Justin West <cjustinwest@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Available: A wide selection of fruit and nut trees from a tiny nursery in central NJ
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 19:05:05 -0800

We have been propagating quite a diversity of disease resistant fruit and
nut trees over the past several years. We can offer some of our excess
stock to those interested. We have an expanded selection of Paw Paw
varieties this year (both grafted and seedling), as well as a hearty
selection of both European and Asian pears selected primarily for flavor
and disease resistance. There are some other interesting options in there
as well including some very nice sized nitrogen fixing, drought tolerant
Italian Alders, blight resistant European x Asian Chestnut's, Ginkgo's,
Japanese Quince, Mulberry, hybrid Oaks, a few plums, and some hard to find
fruit trees such as Date Plums and the delicious and disease resistant
Shipovas, (a cross between Rowan and Pear).

We have some trees that are either bare rooted (ship while still dormant in
early spring), as well as some in deep (14 inches deep!!) pots designed
specifically for tree production so as not to induce root spiraling and
eventual tree self constriction (A potential problem with those round pot
home depot trees). The bare root trees also come with a healthy root
system that has been allowed to grow freely as it will. These trees anchor
themselves extremely well and result in very healthy trees, however,
obviously there is a smaller window by which you can transplant them.

Trees can be shipped or picked up.

Email us if you would like to take a look at the small but diverse
inventory list
best
Justin West
email: cjustinwest AT gmail dot com

Center for Regenerative Ecology
Somerville NJ 08876

  • [nafex] Available: A wide selection of fruit and nut trees from a tiny nursery in central NJ, Justin West, 03/06/2013