nafex - Re: [nafex] Grafting with Kids

  • From: Christopher Kennel <ckennel@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Grafting with Kids
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 11:57:36 -0700

I've demonstrated grafting to kids as young as 3, but I always do the
cutting myself, then let them try to join the pieces together and wrap them
with parafilm. Even adults can cut themselves, so I don't have a
particular age at which I'd let kids use knives. It probably depends on
their individual level of development and your (or their parents') comfort
with the risks.

Chris Kennel
Denver, CO