nafex - Re: [nafex] Favorite varieties of medlar

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Favorite varieties of medlar
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 18:44:05 -0800

I've only grown 'Nottingham'. Medlars aren't that large, but are still
worth growing to me because they're quite ornamental in spring and fall as
well as giving fruit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spidra/6192987151/ <--picture of 'Royal' for
size

Picture of 'Nottingham' for size:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/spidra/6248425993/

Nottingham was grown in Berkeley, CA. Not sure where the 'Royal' was grown.
Saw it at the Redwood Empire chapter (Sonoma, Napa counties) of CRFG.

Megan Lynch
South Pasadena, CA
Zone 10a