nafex - Re: [nafex] WI rust-resistant Amelanchiers?

  • From: "Scott Weber and Muffy Barrett" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] WI rust-resistant Amelanchiers?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:10:43 GMT

Tanis,
We aren't that far from you, but we have a substantial amount of rust on our
native Amelanchier laevis. Some on the fruit which destroys it, but mostly
spots on the leaves which don't appear to hurt the plants much but do detract
from their attractiveness. I have a small bush of some other species of
Amelanchier but I don't remember if it gets rust spots or not.
Muffy Barrett