nafex - [nafex] Mulching blueberries question

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Mulching blueberries question
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 21:49:13 -0600

David Liezen asked, "Several times I've seen advice to avoid fertilizing blueberries - they can be overwhelmed, apparently, chemically "burned" I suppose, which is why duck droppings can be such a boon. What do you advise in encouraging growth and fruit for blueberries?"

Every couple of years I get a soil analysis done by K Laboratories, Inc., 2323 Jackson Street, Oskosh, WI 54901. They specialize in analyzing and recommendations for high value crops, which includes blueberries. I have compared their work with other labs finding K Lab..........'s work more reliable and worth the extra $10 for the test. I only have twenty five blueberry plants and an equal size patch of lingonberries and always find the soil test well worth the expense.

Jim Fruth
Pequot lakes, MN

  • [nafex] Mulching blueberries question, Jim Fruth, 12/25/2012