nafex - [nafex] Was:Pine needle mulch, now: Blueberries in high pH

  • From: "Lucky Pittman" <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: [nafex] Was:Pine needle mulch, now: Blueberries in high pH
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:12:06 -0600

Andy,
Pete Tallman has some good stuff, at the URLs linked below, on growing
blueberries in peat bales, in CO, where soil pH and moisture would
ordinarily be inhospitable to blueberry success.

http://home.comcast.net/~ptallman/ColoradoBlueberries.keyhandout.pdf

http://ptallman.home.comcast.net/~ptallman/index_blueberries.htm

Years ago, Don Yellman recounted his experiences using iron sulfate for
blueberries; I'll dig back through my archived messages and see if I can
find and re-post that.

Lucky