nafex - Re: [nafex] Prince Albert of Prussia scions?

  • From: PATTY <jrplelie@centurylink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Prince Albert of Prussia scions?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 09:57:19 -0500 (EST)

Hey Dave,

I did a bit of a web search looking for this one as well. Botner and the
Catholic Homesteading Movement both have a "Prussian" listed but I couldn't
located a source within North America. It still seems relatively common in
Europe. The U.K.'s Suttonelms website has a nice discussion on disease
resistance, inbreeding and polygenic resistance but, I suspect, you have
already been to that website. I also took a look at what scion wood
importation would entail and it didn't seem feasible. It sure would be nice
if it turns up on our side of the pond.

Jim Elie
Zone 5a
Pulaski WI