nafex - Re: [nafex] Prunus munsoniana cv. 'Wild Goose'

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Prunus munsoniana cv. 'Wild Goose'
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:52:38 -0600

I have a plum which was called "Wild Goose" that I got from someone in
Florida many years ago. It has a red-purple skin and yellow flesh, is a
pretty reliable bearer in this late frost prone area. Branches break from
overload of fruit. Some damage from curculio but always some fruit. I
believe Gennadi Eremin recognized it as munsoniana when he was here. Plenty
of scion wood.
Hector Black, zone 6 middle tn.