nafex - Re: [nafex] off-topic: Hazelnuts

  • From: "Charles Rhora" <rhoras@nuttrees.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] off-topic: Hazelnuts
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:02:10 -0400

Hello,

Just to address the hazelnut question of Nafex you had requested.
I live in Ontario, Canada, climatic zone 4, and have well over 3,000
hazelnut bushes, as well as hazel nut trees growing.
They produce large size nuts, very sweet tasting, and have had some produce
at the age of 3 from seed, this is unusual, because
It normally takes 5 years for production.

They are of Chinese origin, as the native hazelnuts do well and are very
hardy, and grow in poorer soils, but the nuts are very small.

If interested, I have a website @ www.nuttrees.com for further information.

Charles Rhora,
Rhora's Nut Farm & Nursery.