nafex - Re: [nafex] Is it too late in the year to chip bud?

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Is it too late in the year to chip bud?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:20:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Ginda,

You are on the edge of the time frame for sure.

There isn't time for the bud to break this year, but possibly the chip will
heal in and remain dormant. Next spring check the cambium on the budded
bud. If it is green cut off the tree just above the bud to force it.

Try it, what do you have to loose?

Jerry

In a message dated 10/14/2012 2:29:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,