nafex - Re: [nafex] cimmamin/nutmeg flavoured apple?

  • From: Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] cimmamin/nutmeg flavoured apple?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:43:36 -0700

The taste in fruit - one of my favorite topics...

I grow Nutmeg Pippin apple but have not tasted it yet. Have read
reviews that say "The firm creamy flesh has an intense, aromatic
flavour with a subtle, spicey nutmeg-like flavour!"

I describe a well-ripened Toko apple as very sweet with subtle spice
similar to cinnamon.

I have tasted the Japanese apple called Fukutami, and my young tree
will bear in a few years. My own tasting notes say "between apple
cider vinegar and wine".

I ran across this description by someone else this morning for
Ashmead's Kernel "this apple explodes with a champagne-sherbet flavor
infused with orange blossom".

And a pear - Flemish Beauty is my favorite pear. It is described as
"Sweet and aromatic with a musky flavor". I describe it as a essence
of rose or muscat flavor.

-Mark Lee, Seattle, picking evergreen huckleberries