nafex - Re: [nafex] Hardy kiwis

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Hardy kiwis
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 12:18:56 -0500

my (arguta) kiwis don't ripen evenly so I tend to pick when some of
them are starting to be ripe, then sort for ripeness. they ones that
are close seem to ripen within a few days of picking.

I have 3 20 year old vines that have never been pruned, they are
prolific fruiters, not all the fruit is where I can pick it since they
grow up ash trees which they are slowly pulling over. Training them
is gonna give you more fruit load that is easier to pick, and perhaps
more even ripening.

~mIEKAL