nafex - Re: [nafex] Reflective Bird tape

  • From: "Jolyn" <jolyn@tctwest.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Reflective Bird tape
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:59:31 -0600

I knot one end on upper branches toward the outside of the tree or anywhere
it can catch the breeze. I cut each strip at 12-15 inches. I usually use
about 10-12 strips per tree but I keep my trees quite small. It has deterred
robins and magpies from cherries & plums but I don't have any other critters
attacking them. Racoons haven't climbed the fruit trees yet and there are no
squirrels. The chokecherries ripen about the same time and they seem to get
the attention of the racoons. The tape doesn't seem to help for apples. I
also use it near the grapevines and it has so far kept the birds away from
them as well. I have used it for 5 years.
Jolyn