nafex - Re: [nafex] Pale leaves in sun??

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pale leaves in sun??
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:51:27 -0400

Jay, in my experience, many plants that are adapted to low light
levels and typically grow in shade, whether herbaceous or woody, will
become lighter green, or even yellowed and bleached if grown in too
much sun. I would think the effect would be even worse closer to the
equator, drier, and higher. I'm sure the New Mexico sun is much more
intense than sun up here in Michigan.

That's not too say that the plant won't fruit more and grow more in
the sun, it just doesn't look as healthy.

-matt
z5 se MI