nafex - Re: [nafex] Rooting Mulberry cuttings?

  • From: Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Rooting Mulberry cuttings?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 13:39:17 -0700

I bought an OxyClone cloning machine that holds 20 cuttings. I think it was
$50. Tomatoes and basil root in less than a week and close to 100%. Roses
in winter rooted in about 3 weeks with about 25% success. I tried doing
dormant figs with no success. After around a month, the cuttings got
covered in slime after a month. I am not sure how often to change the
water. I am also not sure if this is any more successful than just a glass
of water. I did have two mulberries root in the cloner while a bunch in a
glass of water did not. You can call the one in the glass my control group
in the experiment. I look at the cloning machine as one tool I can use. In
some cases it will work best. In other cases I shoul use another technique.
-Mark Lee