nafex - Re: [nafex] Do not plant blackberries next to raspberries?

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Do not plant blackberries next to raspberries?
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 07:30:35 -0400

I agree with Jim. Raspberries, blackberries and black currants were some of the first fruit I planted in my garden. Being a complete amateur I did a terrible job and planted them all too close (some within 3 feet!). But apart from the blackberries taking up way more space than planned, I have had suprisingly little trouble with this set-up. I wouldn't do it the same if I had to it again, I would go for something like Jim describes I think, just to give myself more breathing space!

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC