nafex - Re: [nafex] [nafex ibiblio list] Blake's Pride pear

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] [nafex ibiblio list] Blake's Pride pear
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:39:08 -0600

I'm curious too. I'm still waiting to hear anyone talk about their first into, what was that, Potomac? I figure that unless I find people raving or complaining about it, it's a slow and shy cropper. Haven't looked around on the Net for mentions of Potomac in 2 years, so maybe by now some are cropping.
Just did a search, 10 google pages, that's 100 sites that are either selling it or recommending it, but only one mentions her tree, which is standard sized, too big to thin so it has become a biennial bearer. Barbara Pleasant, somewhere 2 hrs drive from Edible Landscaping, uses milk spray to suppress brown rot on plums and grapes. I take it that though she's a master gardener, she's not a Nafexer or she wouldn't have referred to the grape disease as brown rot. Donna

  • Re: [nafex] [nafex ibiblio list] Blake's Pride pear, Kieran &/or Donna, 02/02/2012