nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fall/winter fruit for cool greenhouse?

  • From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fall/winter fruit for cool greenhouse?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:02:11 -0500

mIEKAL and you other potted fruit growers:
I have two guavas that are about 5 years old, seedling grown. I hoped they'd
flower this summer, but no luck.
They spend the summers on the back porch in full sun, and winters inside
next to a wall of windows. What I read suggests that they should start
bearing at 3 years of age.
They get the same care as I give my citrus.

What is your experience with these? Have you had good fruit production?
Any suggestions to induce flowering? I have not tried anything yet. I am
hesitant to girdle them.
Michele in SW Ohio