nafex - Re: [NAFEX] fall/winter fruit for cool greenhouse?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] fall/winter fruit for cool greenhouse?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:17:24 -0800

Pineapple guava might work.
_Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, book, The Grape Grower, at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com Winner GWA "Best Talent in Writing" 2003.
Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low
resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower :

On Nov 28, 2011, at 1:40 PM, V. Michael Bove Jr. wrote:

We have a little bit of space in our cool (40F night, 75F day in
winter) greenhouse, and I was thinking it might be fun to find a
shrubby plant that ripens its fruit in winter (assume short days and
high humidity). Any favorite suggestions for something that can be
maintained about 3' in height and won't have major disease problems in
somewhat damp conditions?
Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)